Friday, July 2, 2010

The "Nesting" begins!





Today we started to physically get things ready for our baby girl. Cleaned out closets, cleaned under beds, rearranged furniture, set up Emily's bed, got the highchair down from the attic, and of course, filled out more paper work. I think this has been the first day that I have felt "butterflies in my stomach" (what does that mean anyway?)! I have already mentioned that I am so excited that I can hardly focus on anything else right now...but today my excitement has been mixed with some nervous feelings too. I have felt the weight of knowing we are getting ready to uproot this precious life from everything she has ever known and bring her home...yet for awhile, home will be so unfamiliar to her. My heart hurts to think about her being afraid! I'm praying that God is preparing her for us, her forever family! For the 17 months that she has been alive, she has not known what it's like to be in a family that loves her, to have a Dad & Mom, a brother & sister, a wild fluffy dog. I pray she wants us as much as we want her! My thoughts on adoption have changed in the past 4 years. At the beginning, I viewed the story as if a family is rescuing a child that "needs" them, "needs" their love. And while I still believe that is part of the story, I see it so differently now. Our family is at a point now that we not only want her, we "need" her! Brandon and I have desired another baby for a long time, and Caleb & Karis have wanted a little sibling for a long time too! I praise God for bringing Emily Love to us, and bringing us to her!
I'm reminded of a verse in one of my favorite chapters of the Bible, Psalm 139. Verse 16 says, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be".
This day that is coming that we will finally meet Emily for the first time and then get to bring her home, was known by the God of this universe before we were even born. I cannot describe the comfort that comes from knowing that truth...from knowing Him!

2 comments:

  1. OK...now that I've had a good cry....so excited that she's coming soon! Ready to kiss those sweet little cheeks!! Much love..Mimi

    ReplyDelete